NEED A WEED-CATION? THESE ARE THE TOP TRAVEL SPOTS FOR TOKERS
April 10, 2017
By Nick Dimengo
Smoking marijuana might not be for everyone, but, for those who frequent the practice, it’s one of those things that you can never have enough info on.
With spring and summer coming up, we figured it’d be useful to speak with some cannabis industry experts to figure out where vacationing with weed is ideal, with them telling us the best spots for tokers to visit.
- “California has always had cannabis as part of its draw, but Denver was where the first true flood of tourism around a regulated cannabis experience began. There are some incredible companies built around promoting the professional and socially motivated side of cannabis while combining it with a truly enjoyable Denver experience. There is also a picturesque city on the Caribbean coast of Mexico that many cannabis industry leaders retreat to; but it’s not my place to blow up their spot!” — Michael Bologna, CEO of Green Lion Partners
- “We expect recreational cannabis to be legal across Canada as early as next summer. Once legalization is in full swing, it will be exciting to see what kinds of cannabis-specific attractions take root, but Canada is already an incredible tourist destination, so legalization is really just a bonus. Legislation will apply to the entire country, so for now, cannabis enthusiasts can plan their destination based on other interests, choosing Vancouver for its incredible nature and scenery, Toronto for its summer festivals and multiculturalism, or Montreal for its nightlife and food.” — Devon Scoble, Content and Lifestyle Editor at Lift
- “Barcelona in the early spring to avoid the onslaught of tourists; Amsterdam for King’s Day (the streets are rammed but the energy is infectious); Toronto in early fall – the lakes are still warm, the trees just start changing colours and who doesn’t love a good campfire story? California and Colorado any time of the year and South Africa in spring or fall, unless you are a sun baby.” — Lisa Harun, Co-Founder at Vapium
- “Running a startup public company with 35 employees doesn’t leave a lot of leisure time. But when I can get away, I do love to spend a quick weekend on the Oregon coast in historic Newport, a wonderful seaside town on Highway 101. The crashing waves and beautiful sandy beaches are a great getaway from the day to day grind.” — William Waldrop, CEO of Signal Bay, Inc.(OTCMKTS: SGBY)
- “From my perspective, Seattle is one of the best cities in the U.S. that a cannabis user could take a vacation to, if not the best. Between the high number of legal, recreational cannabis dispensaries, to large numbers of coffee shops, to numerous forms of relaxing entertainment (think space needle), it provides a perfect environment for the typical consumer.” — Alex Canto, COO/Owner of Diego Pellicer, Washington